Monday 23 April 2012

Photoshop Effect Experimentation


I edited the above picture by changing it to black and white and taking down the brightness and raised the contrast a lot so that the shadows of the image were exaggerated. I then changed the Colour Balance so that blue was more apparent in the shadows and yellow in the mid-tones, this created an eerie atmosphere to the shot. I then created a black vignette around the edges so that the focus of the image was on the centre headstone, I finally lowered the opacity of the vignette so that it blended with the background.





I took the first image and added another layer and copied in an image of rain. The image was predominantly blue  so when I changed the blending mode to Difference, it created the above effect




I then experimented with other colours in using the Colour Balance tool and Blending Modes and then finally chose the Subtraction mode which gave this effect. I like how it changed the image as it made it look old and gloomy and a slight sepia effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment