Monday 30 April 2012

Idea Development

To develop the final idea of drug and alcohol abuse, I took a range of images of objects that represent this theme. This was to broaden my range of photographs from only portrait images. 
These are the original images taken in colour, I want to experiment with colour and effects to perhaps contrast the dark eerie pictures already in the collection. 



I like the above picture and how the dried paint spills down the side of the can and the dirty inside contribute to the unappealing content and create an undesirable picture. 



The above images are to represent the "cocaine" power. I like the close up nature of the first picture and how the   seriousness of the power contrasts the calming nature of the candle. 


This shot was to represent the process of taking the drug heroin. I like how the candle is in focus however you can still see its purpose and the spoon and its content. This makes the objective of the photograph apparent but subtle instead of being harshly blunt. 


This is a macro image of the content of a pill. 


I like how the sun captures the powder in the bag of the above shot and how there is a natural shallow depth of field. I also like the positioning of the bag in the photograph and the fact that is not straight to the shot nor in the centre. 



I took the above shots from a high angle to create an interesting persepctive on the bottle(s) instead of a traditional straight on view. I also like how the glass in the first shot it blurred creating the focus on the vodka bottle. 


This shot is supposed to represent the arm of a heroin user. The blood and visible veins hopefully portray what the image was aimed for. The shot however is not great and needs to be edited to raise the contrast and brightness to make it more interesting. I am also unsure if it presents its intention. 


No comments:

Post a Comment