Sunday 15 April 2012

Idea Experimentation

I did further experimentation based on the concept of drug and alcohol abuse. I constructed a number of images that present the use of drugs and the effect it has on the mind.







I experimented with these photographs on photoshop, changing lighting, colours and shadows to create a dark effect that would represent the gloomy atmosphere that is associated with taking drugs. I first changed them to black and white and them added tones of other colours such as blue, red and yellow by using the Colour Balance tool. On some images I created a vignette and reduced the opacity so that it blended with the image and made the focus of the shot on the subject whilst creating a gloomy background. 







I then experimented with the images that represented the mental high experienced when taking drugs including hallucinations. I played around with colours to make them brighter and to give them a lomography effect. Inspired by Rankin and the abstract nature to his work I also added elements from other photographs and distorted parts of the picture. To creare the lomography effect I changed the Curves and raised the contrast, brightness and saturation levels. I also added other images for example birds and a bow, I brought down the opacity so that they looked natural with the shot and explored using different Blending Mode options to also make them look like they were originally part of the shot. To distort sections of the picture, like the road lines I used the Liquify tool on Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment