Monday 23 April 2012

Exam Idea: Urban Journey

These photographs were to represent the concept of an urban journey. I set the photographs on streets and included images of smoking to represent urban youth culture. 

For all the images I edited them in Photoshop from colour to black and white. I then raised the contrast and brightness levels slightly. I also edited the levels and made the contrast between shadows and highlights greater. I selected each background and added gaussian blur to make the subject stand out in the foreground. 



I like how this photograph is symmetrical and the subject is central in the shot. To improve, the image could have had a higher contrast and brightness level to make it more eye-catching. The subject could have also been closer and more in the foreground of the shot. 


I like the composition of this shot, how the subject is on the right but is looking into the left of the image. I also like how the pose is different by the left leg and right arm being raised and the shot comes across as natural.


To improve, the above shot could also have been edited to have a higher contrast and the subject could have been more in the foreground to distinguish her more from the background.


I like the composition of the above picture and how the subject is leaning into the shot which contrasts with the harsh straight lines of the lamp post and road markings. I also like how the tones are contrasting, for example the darkness of the lamppost compared to the highlights on the road and in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment