Thursday 19 April 2012

Layer Experimentation


Here I experimented with layers in Photoshop


   

In the above picture, I collated two original images and erased an area of the top layer and reduced the opacity. I joined two pictures that present contrasting emotions of anger and happiness. I then created a vignette on another layer and reduced the opacity to highlight the facial expressions of the subject. 


In this photograph, I used the first image and added another image of the subject with another contrasting expression of shock. I then changed the opacity of all three images so that they merged into one. I also changed the levels in the photograph to make the contrast between highlights and shadows greater. Finally I added a picture of a full ashtray and changed the layer blending mode to extraction, this changed the colours and made all three layers blend together so that all were visible. I then changed the opacity of the ashtray so that the faces were clear. The final outcome related to the exam theme of drugs and alcohols and the effects. 


The final image was to represent 'Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil'. I tried to recreate the well known figurine, so I positioned each photograph above each other. I then experimented with colours and raised the contrast and brightness level to make each image stand out. I then changed the blending mode so that each face was visible, finally I added a vignette and reduced the contrast so that the focus remained on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment