Monday 23 April 2012

Exam Idea: Babies

This idea was based on the them of experiences of a new life. I took portraits of babies and toddlers and experimented with how they reacted with different objects and surroundings by their facial expressions and movements.



The above images were taken of a very young baby. I experimented how he reacted with being held by his mother to being alone. The pictures were originally taken in black and white and I only edited the brightness and levels within the pictures to make the contrast higher. The first picture could have been improved by a higher contrast level as it currently looks slightly dull.



The above pictures were taken outside in the sunlight therefore I did not have to do much editing apart from contrast and saturation levels. I also experimented with blurring the background with the Gaussian Blur tool to create the focus on the child in the foreground.


This is my favourite picture of the collection. I edited it to make it black and white and also changed the levels to make the contrast of the background and small areas of the clothing and facial features like her eyes appear darker. I like how in this image she is reacting off of an object as it adds other elements in to the shot. I also like how there is a focus on her eyes and facial expression. I finally edited it to make the background blurred using the Gaussian Blur tool to make the focus on her. I think the picture looks better in black and white rather than colour as it presents a slight feel of innocence, it also draws attention to darker areas of her features. By making the photograph black and white, it keeps the focus on her as there is no distraction of other bright colours in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment