Thursday 22 March 2012

Rankin Inspired Work


I have created and modified portraits in the style of Rankin - Destroy. Like Rankin's work, each photograph represents an emotion, thought or belief. First I took basic portrait photographs of the subject expressing a particular emotion. I then printed the images and "destroyed" then by; drawing, painting, ripping, burning them etc. to enhance the emotions presented.  I then took a picture of the final outcome.                                                               




This image was created to present rage and anger. The subject was positioned in a typical pose that represents anger, her facial expressions also matched this. I then added reds and brown paint in an erratic fashion and drew birds flying from the subject's mouth to represent shouting and freedom of speech. 





This image represented sadness and loneliness. I tried to express loneliness by ripping up the picture and detaching the piece. I burnt some edges of the image to represent destruction. I also added blue paints and tears to the image to represent sadness. I then drew on the image in a random fashion to represent confusion and loneliness.



This image represents happiness. I wanted to keep the image simple and concentrated on the emotion therefore I only added to image to extend and exaggerate the smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment