Monday 23 January 2012

Natural Lighting

Whilst on holiday I experimented with natural lighting shots and took a range of pictures including lanscapes and portraits.



I like the contrast of colours in the pictures. The brightness and contrast compliment each other and contrast the white background to create a vivid image,










I experimented with the pictures above, changing them from colour images to black and white. I like the sunset image in black and white because you can see the detail of the beach through the contrast of colours. I like the football image better as a colour image as the range of colours and contrasts make the image more interesting and alive.



I experimented with the colours with the above image. Using photoshop I lowered the vibrance of the image and raised the contrast, this gave a softer image and took the colour out of the background, making the focus the person in the image.




I prefer the above picture as a colour image as the beautiful colours of the sunset make the picture peaceful and eye catching. With the colours you can see the detail of the sun's reflection on the sand.


I used a shallow depth of field on the above picture to create a blurred background effect, so the focus is on the glasses int he foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment